The environmental changes and challenges triggering societal problems had been introduced into the researches within the legal and political studies on three levels, on national, EU- and international (global) level. The founding members of the group deal with researches under the aegis of the Institute for Legal Studies and the Institute for Political Studies of the Centre for Social Sciences (altogether from three departments); their diverse and heterogeneous professional profiles enable the group to carry out multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary researches.
The mission and aim of the Research Group on Environmental Law and Environmental Policy under the aegis of the Centre for Social Sciences of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences is to provide an organized forum as a background to the researches of environmental law and policy (chiefly as a public policy) as well as environmental law and economics. The members of the group engage in the studies of environmental law and policy within their individual and common projects, by means of theoretical basic and practical applied researches.
Main research fields:
- environmental policy, environmentalism as a sectoral public policy
- environmental law-making on national, EU- and international level
- constitutional aspects of environmental protection, right to a healthy environment
- trade and environment
- environmental jurisdiction before national and international courts/tribunals
- interests of the future generations within the fields of legal studies, policy-making as well as law and economics
- environmental law and economics
Head of the Research Group