Call for Applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences Centre for Social Sciences and the National University of Public Service
- Location: Budapest
- Position: Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Salary: Up to 2600 EUR gross (plus benefits)
- Hours: Full time
- Contract: Temporary
- Begins: September 2014
- Ends: May 2015
Aim of the call for applications
With the intention of enhancing their international competitiveness in research and education, the Hungarian Academy of Sciences Centre for Social Sciences (hereinafter HAS CSS) and the National University of Public Service (hereinafter NUPS) are launching a joint research fellowship programme in order to include prominent foreign researchers in their work.
Scope of applicants
In 2014 two active, high-profile researchers with outstanding scholarly achievements at an international level are invited to apply for a fellowship programme at the HAS CSS and NUPS. The programme will be for a period of 9 months.
- Selected applicants will be employed from 01 September 2014 to 31 May 2015; in joint positions at the HAS CSS and at the NUPS.
- At the beginning of the employment relationship, a probation period of 4 months will take place.
Research and teaching topics
- Constitutional theory
- Stability and change in public policymaking. Agendas, actors and institutions
- Fundamental Principles in Administration Law
In the framework of the fellowship programme, the HAS CSS and the NUPS
- will provide an opportunity for renowned researchers to further develop their scholarly activity and experience in our institutions;
- will offer foreign researchers a ‘joint position’ at the two hosting institutions;
- will ensure that foreign researchers are fully involved in the scholarly work of the institutions and are able to participate in the most important scholarly events and programmes;
- will provide teaching and research facilities;
- will offer a maximum 2600 EUR gross salary per month, as well as cafeteria/meal benefits;
- will cover the cost of one return flight to and from Budapest for each fellow;
- will provide accommodation and a subsidised travel card for Budapest;
- will provide one assistant for each fellow (a PhD student working on the given research topic).
In the framework of the fellowship programme, the fellowship recipients
- will hold seminars and workshops;
- will help to strengthen the international relations of the HAS CSS and the NUPS;
- will take part in the most important scholarly events and programmes of the HAS CSS and the NUPS;
- will participate in the graduate and postgraduate education of the NUPS and the further training of its teaching stuff;
- will hold lectures and courses in English;
- will actively pursue the publication of their research findings;
- will prepare a written evaluation of the obtained results at the end of the fellowship programme.
Application and selection procedure
- The application signed by the applicant should be sent electronically to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The application shall include the applicant’s (1) detailed curriculum vitae, (2) publication list, (3) three best publications in electronic version, (4) presentation of ongoing researches and (5) a motivation letter. The motivation letter should contain (a) a research plan, (b) a list of the (at least two) postgraduate courses to be offered, and (c) a description as to how they are linked to the profile of the host institutions. The application language is English. Applications must be sent to the above e-mail address at the latest by 12.00 (Central European Time) on 27 June 2014.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee of four members jointly appointed by the General Director of the HAS CSS and the Rector of the NUPS. On the basis of the estimation of the value of the applicants’ actual researches, the significance of the scientific results to be expected from the cooperation and the supposed effect of the cooperation on the Hungarian academic and scientific community, the committee will divide the applications into three categories (highly recommendable for funding, recommendable for funding, not recommendable for funding), ranking them in each category.
- If the committee proposes more than two researcher candidates as ‘highly recommended for funding’, then Skype interviews will take place.
- Winning applications will be approved by the General Director of the HAS CSS and the Rector of the NUPS based on the ranking of the committee.
- The results of the selection process will be communicated to the researchers via e-mail and by letter of invitation by the General Director of the HAS CSS and the Rector of the NUPS by 20 July 2014.
- The HAS CSS and the NUPS will provide the fellowships to the selected researchers through tripartite contracts.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered. No legal remedy is possible on substantive grounds, either regarding the selection process or concerning the results of the selection.
On the fellowship programme: András Jakab, Director of the Institute for Legal Studies HAS CSS, e-mail: email@example.com.